Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Capella election

As I was getting bored playing around with the chart I came across this election for the fixed star Capella, one of the fifteen Behenian Stars. This star is currently located at 22*09' Gemini.

According to Agrippa, Capella is said to make one honored and exalted before kings and princes (rulers, and authorities in general, I might add). It is also said to be good against dental issues and for general health and healing, depending on sources.

The method for working with fixed stars is by creating and consecrating talismans with their powers. There are several correspondences one can use for this purpose and for Capella we have the following: sapphire (stone); horrebound, mint, mugwort, mandrake (herbs). One or more of the herbs would be placed inside a pouch alongside the talisman.

Since no metals are given and you can't afford a sapphire even in its rough form, you could inscribe the talisman on metal, in which case I'd go for aluminum, or simply on paper. The talisman image given by Agrippa is "a man willing to make himself merry with musical instruments" so you could draw a guy playing the banjo while blowing a horn at the same time (no pun). As mentioned elsewhere, you don't have to be artistically talented to make this drawing although it's best you take your best shot. You still got a decent number of days to practice until the time comes, as I will detail further on.

But before going into that, I almost forgot to mention Behenian Stars also have sigils (that are best to be added to the talisman), which in Capella's case is this:
As for the election time, I chose one that's more in line with the trend:
We see Capella on the MC, with a waning Moon applying to a conjunction with it (and the MC). It's also applying to a sextile with Mars before the square with Neptune kicks in so no worries. Now now, I know it's a waning Moon and not a WAXING one. I know, I know, it's not the PERFECT election because of that. but hey, I don't follow trends and if you were like me you'd conjure the spirits of the star and have the consecrate the talisman instead of simply praying to the star itself to do that.

And because I don't follow trends I wrote "Twinkle twinkle: Make your stars shine" in Asteria 2. If you happen to have the book or if you've ordered it and will receive it before June 30 (notice the above election is for June 27) then you can use the methods I propose in that article for making your Capella talisman, both astrological and magical. Oops! I think I also wrote about waxing Moon in there too haha! So sue me :D But then again, if you'd be doing it on the 30th the Moon would be waxing!

Hate on, dum-dums!

The Great Gazoo 

No comments:

Post a Comment