Monday, January 31, 2022

Milestone achieved & ANNOUNCEMENT

I finally reached 1000 views per month!!! It's not like it's a big deal, quite the opposite when you consider people like Scott and Nick get tens of thousands of views each month, but it is for me because I never thought I'd go so far with this blog. As I mentioned a few times in the past, it started out mostly as a joke and I paid little attention to how I wrote the articles and so on. But it seems people have started showing more interest and so I guess I must've written something interesting along the way. This seems even more apparent since five months ago I managed to get over 500 views a month for the first time. And now I'm so close to reaching 10k overall. 

Too bad Google won't allow ads to run on it because apparently they disagree with running ads on a blog that already advertises things. Funny how they allow ads to run on YT channels of people who constantly promote merchandise though... I'm not saying this because of the money, given I had no idea this blog would improve so much over time and likely because I wouldn't earn much from their ads in the first place, but it's a thing of principle.

Therefore, it came to me I could run ads for other people's products instead. I have no idea who'd be interesting in advertising here, but I guess it's worth a shot. I haven't thought of the details involved yet so off the top I'm thinking of using the following guidelines:

1. The interested party sends me a description of their product along with some photos and links to it or contact details.

2. I post their ad as an article under the label advertising. This would put it on top of the labels list to the right of the page.

3. I still have to work out how to use HTML codes to pin an article as I'm thinking to pin the ad on top of the page for and leave it pinned for a certain time. But this could present a problem later on if others decide to ad here within that time since I'd have to pin more articles. So I'm thinking of posting their ad simply as an article and not post anything (but another ad) for a week afterwards. That way anyone who visits the blog will see their ad first. 

4. If memory serves, the late Spiral Nature Magazine ran individual ads for a month for $30. The ads were removed afterwards if the person decided not to renew them. So I'm thinking of running each add for as long as the person wants for just $10 (USD) or 10% of the product value for products over $100. Keep in mind the ad will remain "on top" for a week, but afterwards people can come across it by looking up the ad label.

5. I usually take payment through PayPal, but bank transfer or wiring through MoneyGram or Western Union is an option. 

6. If you're interested in running ads on this blog contact me at alex.scaraoschi@gmail.com and we'll discuss the details.

As far as the products go, they don't necessarily have to be occult related. I'm practically open to anything although stuff like hitman for hire will be rejected for obvious reasons.

Hate on, dum-dums!

The Great Gazoo

No comments:

Post a Comment