Thursday, March 31, 2022

Occult clientèle

In my article "Getting down and dirty: Astrology and love spells" from Asteria 2, I talk about people who seek occult services to fulfill their romantic desires. In that article I briefly address cases where such people end up being threatened by the alleged occultist, often times the latter demanding more money "or else"! Of course, that "or else" means curses and the clients in these cases often freak out and comply. I've heard of more than a few cases in my country of people who experienced such a thing at the hands of allegedly gifted, highly skilled and talented, super powerful (you get the idea) occultists. Some cases also made headlines because public figures apparently experienced similar scenarios. And I've also heard of it happening throughout the world once I got involved in the occult. 

While I see nothing wrong with people seeking such services for whatever purpose, the fact of the matter is their idea of the occult is often crafted based on misconceptions induced by the entertainment industry, what they've been told by their parents, grandparents or others, as well as a primal fear of the unknown - the twelfth house covers both curses and the unknown and I wrote an article on that too in Asteria 2. It is therefore understandable when people easily become frightened by such threats and comply to the demands of the alleged occultist. But that's not all. People's expectations in regards to magical success are often twisted, most likely because of the same aforementioned causes.

You see, the easy access to information allows many to come into contact with all sorts of beliefs, dogmas, apparent higher knowledge and so on. In lack of a decent spiritual education and thirsty for something that would fill the spiritual void they feel inside (often without realizing it), many people lean towards one or more such pieces of information and, in certain cases, they also conflate some of them. The result is a mish-mash of ideas that have little to no real spiritual value, but which people gradually adopt as their core spiritual beliefs. 

The consequences are too broad for me to discuss in detail and, honestly, I don't even care what they are because in my book everyone is free to think whatever they want and to believe in whatever they want, even if it means believing in nothing. What I'm interested in are the consequences that would end up affecting occultists in one way or another. 

The first category is represented by charlatans and swindlers and I've seen many such cases in my country alone. Honestly, whenever I used to come across social media posts of people from abroad who talk about super powerful witches from around here who allegedly come from a long line of super gifted witches, I felt like bursting into laughter and cursing them verbally (in writing) at the same time, but that's a whole other topic. In short, if these people aren't threatening their clients, they take advantage of the twisted spiritual beliefs of those who seek their services and promise them everything under the sky for the right price. It doesn't matter if such a thing is impossible as long as the client thinks it can be done with magical intervention. 

"I've read the Pleiadians told a powerful medium Reptilians regenerate their lost limbs over night with the help of black magick and I want you to do that for me" would be an off the top example. "Sure" says the occult service provider, while rubbing their hands with glee as a result of having come across a fat milk cow. "It will cost you THAT much and, although you're not a Reptilian and so you cannot possibly replicate their self-regenerating traits even with my most powerful spells, it is likely yours will regenerate in less than an year". And the client happily pays. Then, when they notice nothing happened they either start bitching to the provider, in which case they end up being threatened with curses, or they don't do anything out of fear of being cursed.

Here's another example I know very well, but one which I will share while twisting the details a bit. Not that I'm scared of the people involved, but they don't deserve this kind of attention from me even if I won't be naming them. So even if the demands are not the same in my example word for word, the level of delusion behind them remains as such. An individual who sees himself as a highly spiritual being had created, in his view, a highly complex spiritual belief system for himself and began turning to actual practical spiritual work. For some reason or another, mostly likely out of a false sense of self-imposed humility, he thought of himself as being not as skilled as he needed to be in order to perform whatever his mind conjured in regards to spiritual operations on himself. For spiritual growth, of course. At some point he happened to come into contact with a magical provider who was ready and willing to perform on him every spell and ritual the man desired. 

"I want you to to a ritual for me so that I will be spiritually married with my soul mate from past lives under the Holy Trinity and so that we will be reunited in this life, marry, and remain married for all future lifetimes. Can you do that?"

"Of course I can! I will do it this weekend."

Without going into actual practical details of how such a thing can even be achieved magically, it is highly likely the guy's desire was based on a complete set of bogus spirituality. Regardless, the provider apparently performed some sort of "super advanced ceremony" and the client was extremely happy. Not only that but he kept returning to the same provider asking them for all sorts of things his twisted mind came up with. Every time he seemed happy the provider (apparently) did what they've asked for and returned for more. Needless to say, such providers encourage such beliefs in people in order to increase their gullibility, the result being they themselves stop being swindlers in the actual sense of the word. And I truly mean it! I wouldn't view such a person as a swindler if people come to them asking for outrageous stuff to begin with. A swindler is someone who deceives people, whereas in such cases those people would've already been deceived, usually by themselves. Instead, they become benefactors in the eyes of their clients, who spread the word about their alleged skills and talents to others, thus increasing their clientele.  

The second category is represented by people who actually perform magical services and explain shit to their clients. I have no idea how many such people exist out there because I for one have come across quite a few clients who've also appealed to the services of well known magicians and those magicians had not explained shit to them. They merely did such and such for the person and got the money, the customer being left to believe whatever they wanted. The reality is many cases are more than what they seem up front and the provider has to conduct at least a quick investigation to see how far down the rabbit hole the issue takes them. In some cases the actual causes behind people's problems can remain obscured for a long time, regardless of the amount of time and effort invested into the investigation. 

Anyway, whenever such people come across me and as for XYZ they often expect me to do "something" that would make their problem go away. Very often they become shocked when I ask them for more details and, upon a quick investigation, I tell them the roots of their issues grow deeper and their issue won't go away by simply lighting a candle and praying to such and such entities. It's their choice whether they want to go ahead with what I recommend them, or not. 

The thing is I've grown so tired of having to explain the same things over and over again to people. I put them into writing too and besides Asteria, Asteria 2 and Magic Words, they can also find out more in my articles on magical resistance, more on magical resistance and occult customer awareness one and two. This is my attempt to educate people who both seek magical services and those who provide them. It is their choice whether they read through that or not, but I'm starting to think I should drop the whole casting for money thing. This is especially the case since they can get my spirit conjuring class and cast on and for themselves. And there's other, less expensive stuff I put out there which cover more than a few needs one can do by themselves and they can find them to the left of the page.

And another thing (and this for all ye know-it-alls): knowing how to conjure spirits is one thing, knowing what to conjure them for is another thing altogether; not to mention how to actually ask them ;)

Hate on, dum-dums!

The Great Gazoo 

No comments:

Post a Comment