Monday, February 14, 2022

Talismans

Concerning my post in which I discussed the possibility of providing extra services in the form of making and selling talismans, I want to give you a couple of examples with respect to their looks when I make them. The following photos depict an experimental Rigel talisman and a Jupiter one detailed by Agrippa in Book II, Chapter 39: "They made also another Image of Jupiter for a religious and glorious life, and advancement of fortune; whose figure was a man having the head of a Lyon or a Ram, and Eagles feet, cloathed in Saffron coloured cloathes, and he was called the son of Jupiter."

As you can see, they're are less than pretty. Although they were made and consecrated in one go during very auspicious times in both cases, I'm pretty sure not everyone would want to wear them as accessories as they're far from being attractive from that perspective.
The Rigel talismans (2) are about the size of an US quarter (25c) while the Jupiter ones (3) are around 6 cm (short of 2 1/2 inches) in diameter. The Jupiter ones also have the planetary glyph on the back . None of them are completely round and all are made of galvanized tin. This fits perfectly with Jupiter and perhaps even with Rigel since we have no correspondences for it, but part of its "planetary nature" is also of Jupiter. The quality of the engraving is also off because I haven't gotten the hang of using a dremmel tool yet although I might become more skilled in time.

So even if someone were considering to buy a talisman from me irrespective of its looks, the other two factors I've mentioned in the previous article apply: lengthier waiting time and high shipping prices. The second factor could be worked around if the post office here would do the job for smaller costs, but I'm pretty sure no tracking number would be provided for the pack - I'd have to check.

So there you have it, just so you'd know I'm not making up stuff with respect to my work. 

Hate on, dum-dums!

The Great Gazoo

No comments:

Post a Comment