Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Decans pathworking

This hit me a few days ago while I was under the influence of a certain mystical experience inducing herb and mind you I've only done it outside ritual space so far. By that I mean I hadn't tuned the space to the appropriate force, meaning the information I received was likely to be more diluted and mixed with interference from other forces. But so far I fancy the idea and I think I'll do it as often as possible.

Some years ago Scott presented a simple pathworking ritual, something I've been using to work my way up the Tree of Life. Right now I have only the paths of the Moon, Venus, Mercury and Air left, but each new pathworking seems to take longer than the previous for the energies to settle down inside my sphere and for me to physically manifest and act according to what I've been taught during the actual pathworking.

Anyway, in his ritual, Scott makes use of the Major Arcana tarot card corresponding to the planetary or zodiacal path of the Tree as a portal into that realm. It recently occurred to me the zodiac signs have three decans each and each decan has specific energies and influences, distinct from those of the other two decans that make up the same sign. The decans do have their own planetary rulers after all, as shown in the above image. The decans are attributed the Minor Arcana cards, starting with Two of Wands for the first decan of Aries and ending with Ten of Cups for the third decans of Pisces. You can see the Minor Arcana attribution for the entirety of the decans in the above image.

Knowing that, one would solely have to tune the space to the appropriate zodiacal force and follow through with Scott's ritual template. Instead of the Major Arcana card attributed to the sign itself, one would imagine stepping through the Minor Arcana card attributed to the decan of choice. The working should go on in the same way as described by Scott and yet the experiences would be different than in the pathworking for the entire sign. Knowing the general meaning of each card beforehand should be preferred in order to better comprehend the entire experience.

For example, if you want to perform a pathworking for the second decan of Cancer you would tune the space to Cancer and then use the Three of Cups card as a portal into that realm. For the first decan of Virgo, the Eight of Pentacles. For the third decan of Aquarius, the Seven of Swords, and so on. You can also call on the appropriate decan angel for assistance if you want.

I don't see why you couldn't to the space to the appropriate planet ruler after tuning it to the appropriate sign, if you're looking for more accuracy. For the previous example you'd have to also tune the space Mercury after tuning it to Cancer, to the Sun after tuning it to Virgo and to the Moon after tuning it to Aquarius. Keep in mind you'd have to tune the space to the planetary paths, not the sephiroth.

I think these workings are important in order to better understand how to work with the decans for magical purposes, but also to gain a better insight on how planets and points from your natal chart work depending on the decans they occupy.

If you do to ahead with what I've proposed, do share some feedback.


2 comments:

  1. So you can use Minor Arcana to invoke Decans like you can use Major Arcana to invoke Planetary entites like The Moon(Gimel)for invoking Gabriel ?

    I guess you don't need a containment like Table of Art for it to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use the appropriate Minor Arcana card when invoking the specific decan angel. You don't need a containment structure when pathworking.

    ReplyDelete