Thursday, October 19, 2023

I too am ignorant at times

Earlier this year I made this review of The Sun of Knowledge. I expressed my disappointment in it, partly out of frustration it wasn't what I expected, partly out of frustration I don't speak Arabic and partly out of sheer ignorance. You see, while having criticized many of being ignorant along the way, I am my own worst critic and I always admit I'm wrong, dumb or whatever whenever the situation arises.

Last night I spoke at length about this book and its contents with an Egyptian Muslim. I must state upfront the man is not involved in the occult and so he couldn't enlighten me in regards to the nuances and subtleties within the book, especially since he hadn't read it. But what he did tell me was some accounts of people who had, one of the accounts being of a guy he knows very well, a guy who also used the book (although he couldn't tell me how).

One lite account is of an Egyptian girl who found the book under the bed and started reading it. Her mother saw her and became very frightened and told the girl to stop reading and taking the book away from her. The girl soon became mad although before that happened the mother started reading it herself. The mother soon died of unknown causes. The guy told me that once someone begins to read this book (in any language) they must finish it otherwise bad things will happen to them due to the jinn attached to it. I told him I've been good so far do to the fact I had someone do some protection on me in the past before I began "studying old European and Arabic occult lore" because as a simpleton I was afraid and shit :D

Another lite account is of a woman working with the book in her apartment. At some point the walls of the apartment were shattered by an unexplained force while the rest of the building remained intact. The guy showed me local news reports of the incident that showed clear pictures of the damage. Unfortunately, I had left my phone at home to charge and so I could not ask him to share the link. It was the first time I had spoken to him and so I couldn't have asked him for his number just to have him text me the link and all that, but if I do get hold of the link I'll add it here later on. I tried finding it myself with no luck because the guy knew exactly what to look for and searched in Arabic.

Edit: I briefly met him this evening and asked him for the photo of the aftermath. He showed it to me and here's a photo of his phone screen, depicting the actual news photo of the account that had occurred in Port Said.

Moving on, he told me quite a lot about one of his mates who's currently in the UK. That person worked with the book and had a jinn attached to him. The guy related an event involving himself, the guy with the jinn and a few others. They were in that person's home and someone suddenly started knocking on the glass pane of the balcony door. It quickly became apparent to the guy there was no one there despite successive knocks and he started rebuking the host for playing pranks on him and the other guests.

He said to me that as he was rebuking the host he looked at him and saw the man's eyes being completely black, meaning the entire visible part of his eyeballs was black. He heard a voice whispering his name in his ear and immediately felt an excruciating physical pain inside his abdomen and everything turned dark for him. He was later told by others he stood up and fell on his back on the floor. At some point he only saw a woman in front of him saying she doesn't want to harm him but he should treat the host with respect. He then snapped out of it, went home and performed a specific Muslim cleansing ritual involving prayers and Quran verses. It was only then that he felt he was rid of the nefarious effect of the jinn.

Afterwards, the guy briefly told me the person with a jinn attached to him was able to allow people to see the spirit world by placing his hands around their head with his thumbs over their eyes and "raising their veil". Then he told me the person started becoming ugly and deformed and his body became covered in sores. Despite this, he kept receiving everything he asked for from the jinn. The man's parents became afraid and sent him to live in the UK because they thought his was hanging out with a bad entourage and they were the cause behind their son's condition.

It thus seem to me the book is packing more than a punch and I don't dismiss the guy's accounts whatsoever. It's just that the reason I called it a disjointed grimoire is that, unlike other grimoires that clearly present the ritual steps and so on, this book jumps from one topic to the other and has all sorts of spells and workings spread everywhere. But I guess it's my desire for order in such works that made me dislike the way this particular book was written. I'm saying this because I'm dumb and need things to be written as clearly and as connected together as possible in order to make sense of them.

When it comes to the guy with the jinn attached to him, I think it's something similar to a witch's familiar gone wrong due to the fact the guy called on the jinn without knowing how to work with it safely and ended up paying a price. The jinn can undoubtedly make its presence felt (even heard and seen) and I don't doubt its ability to manifest the guy's desires. But it appears to me it's feeding on the guy's life force and that is something I don't adhere to in regards to methods of working with spirits.


No comments:

Post a Comment