Thursday, July 6, 2023

Charging magical products

I've only been able to post new articles with certain difficulty due to my chaotic schedule over the past several months. So far I cannot help myself because, although things seem to be running smoothly for me, I keep experiencing certain things that stretch my schedule even more. I'm well aware of that and I commit myself to posting new things whenever I get the chance. Problem is, I keep having all these ideas to discuss, but the chaotic schedule messes with my train of thoughts and I'm having difficulty arranging my thoughts into concrete articles based on specific topics.

Anyway, this article is about how I make elixirs and talismans, since I kept posting about these topics more than a few times. It matters not whether the talisman itself is found in an old grimoire or my very own design. In the case of elixirs, I dare to say I've gone further into this field than most, aside of course than those people who are actually involved in Alchemy. If I ever get a chance to take on actual Alchemy, I'm sure I'd be handling each resulting concoction in similar magical ways once the actual alchemical process is complete.

So far I've posted about my ritual template and how I adjust it depending on needs. When it comes to talismans and elixirs, my method remains the same (except for certain times I simply pass the talisman through incense smoke after commanding the spirit to change it, because reasons). All in all, it involves conjuring the specific spirits and commanding them to charge the specific talisman or elixir for a specific goal.

Once the command has been given I proceed to charge the thing with my own energies, following Scott's lead. This has to do with adding additional oomph into it for the sole reason it'll be more powerful, even slightly. Naturally, I select the best possible astro time I can work with for the operation, considering my schedule and the urgency of the matter.

When it comes to charging the thing myself, I found that adding the godhead assumption technique I've developed works much better than if I were to have to performed the ritual with the regural MP. I've discussed this in depth in Words when it comes to mystical work and to aim ones work towards God. In this case it's about aiming your work towards the aspect of God you're working with. 

The actual personal charging takes place after I've command the spirit or spirits to do it. It takes place at #6 in the ritual template article I've tagged above, right after giving the command and before giving the offering. It involves me visualizing the desired result in my mind. Then I visualize it in the form of energy, moving from my heart center to both of my arms and into my hands and fingers. By this time my arms and are already stretched out towards the magical product, fingers pointing towards it - think of Palpatine shooting Force-lightning.

Afterwards I visualize the symbol of the godhead above my head in the appropriate color. I vibrate the godname in my mind and visualize energy flowing from it into my head and down into my outstretched arms. When it reaches my fingertips I project that energy (together with the energy of the visualized desire) into the product. I keep doing it for as long as necessary, until I feel it's been filled with the energies or (more likely) the spirits tell me to stop.

Unlike Scott, who then traces the appropriate symbol on top of the product, I usually trace the appropriate Invoking Pentagram or Hexagram and vibrate the godname. I usually trace only the symbol in the case of Sol and Leo because lazy, haha. In the case of elemental workings I trace the alchemical symbol of the respective element followed by the appropriate Invoking Pentagram. In the case of various gods it depends on how complicated their symbols are, thus there are times I trace nothing.

That's about it.

Alternatively, if you want a different approach you can look up Señor Shaman's paper for a Mercury talisman against retrogrades.


2 comments:

  1. Alex, what has been your experience with working with sephirotic angels for practical ends? Scott taught us clearly that the sephirots are for mystical goals and the path operations are for practical goals but I want to try and see if Tzaphkiel can help me with practical tasks during this Saturn retrograde rather than Cassiel. John Michael Greer told me that he has worked with sephirotic angels to good practical effect and Damien Echols wrote that the sephirotic angels don't have vice and virtue like the path angels so I'm interested in working with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I've worked with sephirotic archangels for practical means, but not the "go get me this and that" kind. Instead I asked them for protection in certain situations and such. And so far it's worked out pretty good.

    If you'd do a quick search you'd find the sephiroth have virtues and vices and so idk what Echols was talking about.

    ReplyDelete