Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Ritual template

Over time people have asked me how I conduct my rituals, meaning what ritual steps I follow. While my work heavily draws on lodge magick techniques, I do not shy away from incorporating various Pagan elements whenever the situation calls for it, both ancient and neo-pagan. I also adapt stuff from medieval grimoires and even from what's being called "darke fluff" into my work depending on the entities I want to work with. 

In general though, my template is pretty simple despite the fact it can come across as rocket science to those who can't wrap their heads around Qabalah despite posing into experts and scholars. The latter can make use of the template I present in Cielos since there are no qabalistic elements detailed there in regards to the ritual itself, while at the same time they can learn some quabalistic stuff from there as well. They would have to know Spanish though, hehe.

The template is as follows:

1. Scott's Operant Field.

2. Tuning the space to the appropriate planetary, zodiacal or elemental force I'll be working with. If I'm working with Shem angels I tune the space to the zodiac sign the respective angel is attributed and the same goes with spirits of the decans. If I'm working with lunar mansions I tune the space to the Moon. If I'm working with fixed stars I tune the space to Chockmah. If I'm working with various deities such as Lilith or Hecate I skip this step, although I think I could tune the space to Malkuth as in the case of various workings that are out of line with regular qabalistic stuff. Haven't tried tuning the space to Malkuth when working to said deities because I've been having success with them regardless. 

3. Reciting the appropriate invocation of the godhead with respect to the force itself. 

4. Performing the appropriate godhead assumption

5. Conjuration.

6. Command + offering.

7. License to depart.

8. Closing with a Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram if I cast on another or a simple Qabalistic Cross if I cast on myself.

The whole sequence lasts no more than twenty minutes and I've been able to pull it off in just under fifteen at times. It can last a bit over twenty if I'm making talismans and the design is more complex or the actual inscribing process is more cumbersome depending on the talisman base. Whenever I'm making talismans I inscribe them after step 4 and before step 5.

2 comments:

  1. Simple and effective. Scott's work will live in our lives forever.

    I too was thinking of adding in the step of reciting an invocation of the force involved, like YHVH Eloah Va Da'ath for the Sun or an invocation of permutation of YHVH of the sign. This would invoke the Godhead force involved.

    Though I am open to even more additions that would further strengthen the operation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Scott is a badass!

    It really seems like a good idea to invoke the specific godhead prior to conjuring the spirits themselves since they answer to that godhead.

    You can also make use of invocations from the Picatrix and any other old sources. I've also found that using the Enochian First Call also works, especially with respect to demonic entities that need more coercion: "I reign over you, sayeth the God of Justice..."

    ReplyDelete