Wednesday, January 24, 2024

On Saturn

Saturn was the first planet I oriented myself towards at the beginning of my magical practice. I've done so having previously studied my natal chart and finding Saturn having great influence over my life, influence I've corroborated with my experiences up to that point. The first year of my practice was also under the influence of Saturn, with me having to struggle to come across, understand and accept newer material (keep in mind I'm an idiot), as well as diligently sticking to my practice. 

I found this video (that has a second part) to be a very good source for understanding Saturn more thoroughly. We did speak of it in Asteria, but we couldn't include too many details and explanations because it would've derailed the whole thing, the book bwing complex enough as it is. Anyway, you'll find several interpretations of Saturn from philosophical, magical and astrological perspectives from sources spanning from the late renaissance to antiquity. 

The planet's influences, what it governs, as well as its correspondences and magical powers are presented. Ritual examples are presented and readers of Cielos will find a certain invocation familiar.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment