Monday, July 5, 2021

Marketing, they say...


A few days ago I received an email from a cousin of mine containing many words I didn't read before I sent out a short reply. Among those many words there were some that made it seem like he was instructing me on to start internet advertising for "the internet thing" I'm doing, something he knows very little of, for the better. He went on to tell me how I should start doing live videos to promote my stuff, networking, lots of social media and YouTube stuff, and so on... 

That is not my style. During the editing of Asteria, El Maximo Exponente de la Magia (as of recently) told me I'm trying to sell myself to the world in a certain context, to which I replied that is correct. However, I am doing it my way. That is to say, I will do so one-on-one with the possible customer whenever they e-mail me for magical services. They get the good, the bad, and the ugly directly in their inbox and they are left with the choice to either go ahead with it or move on. Besides that, they can look up this blog as I try to update it on a regular basis.

There's several reasons why I hate social media and one of them is the fact I hate having to spend time online trying to convince people I'm some skilled and knowledgeable magicianist hoping they will become so mesmerized they'd start buying my stuff. I've done that for long enough and even then, I did it in my annoying obnoxious wacko style I'm sure not everyone enjoyed. Plus, I added much of what I came across on my path in the Ceremonial Magick School group on fb, a group I left in the care of the ever so democratic querido Shaman. It is not my fault people don't use the search function in that group (search Basics) because it is likely they will come across a lot of interesting stuff (in case stupid fb hasn't deleted it - it did that a few times). 

Additionally, in real life I can very much be labeled as a sociopath and I like to keep my interactions with humans in general few and to the point to make them as productive (for me) as possible. Therefore I'm not into socializing that much online either, although I did that too. I even had a couple of people give my stuff a free (read that fake) review at some point, not that I haven't received more genuine ones either. But that's nothing compared to what's generally happening out there in online advertising, the occult universe being no exception. And I've had a handful of people recommend my stuff around by making it seem even more so that it is, but again, it's a drop in the ocean compared to what's going on out there.  

Yeah you could say I'm undermining myself by shying away from the spotlight, but again, I hate wasting my time like that. I've done it for much too long and it has been working against me. So I'm sticking to this humble blog where I'm scoring around 2-300 views at best and where no one bothers me. Less stressful. 

Hate on, dum-dums!

The Great Gazoo


 

No comments:

Post a Comment