Sunday, December 10, 2023

"Winter is coming"

Wiinter has come in my neck of the woods. There hasn't been much snow so far, mostly wetness and cold, but that's besides the point.

With the arrival of winter I remembered what man who spent some 10 years in Russia told me more than once. Then I remembered even seeing at least a couple of TV documentaries addressing that topic although in little detail. But the important thing for me was them mentioning it.

I'm referring to magical workings performed by certain people in Russia during time of need in order to defeat invading enemies. The man I mentioned travel all across Russia, from Murmansk to the Caucasus and from Moscow to Vladivostok. He met various folk, some of them telling him about such magical workings. 

During the time of Napoleon's invasion a group of old women gathered somewhere near Moscow and performed workings to bring freezing cold and bitter winds, besides the usual winter snow. Fast forward more than a hundred years and Siberian shamans were brought to perform similar workings during WW2. I remember a documentary saying a miracle working icon was brought from a far-off monastery and made to circle above Moscow in a plane to prevent the German army from capturing the city. Given the USSR regime imposed atheism, that's got to mean something. 

But anyway, I've got my own arsenal for such things and you can access a good means for manipulating weather though this link.


No comments:

Post a Comment