Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Janus New Year ritual

The following is an adapted and simplified version of that owr very own magicked up pegan woowoo person, Mr. Farrell's Janus rite for the purpose of shedding past nastiness and invoking a bright future (although you can be specific on what you want in regards to the future you invoke). You'll need a black candle and a white one, a glass of wine, some bread, holy water and incense (the script calls for bay laurel).

One of the reason I've watered it down is the script calls for two participants. Another reason is it involves some specific Golden Dawn temple stuff. Anyway, here we go.

JANUS RITE

Put the black candle in the West. Then put the altar more towards the East, instead of right in the center of the circle, with the statue (or picture) of Janus with the offerings, incense, holy water and the white candle.

Perform your usual ritual opening.

Take the candles and write your name and the name Janus on both. 

Project all the thoughts and incidents you want left in the past into the black candle. You can do this by holding it and saying:

“Creature of wax, you are my scape goat who carries all those things which hold me from having a new successful beginning. Instead of being a problem to me they shall be a sacrifice to the the God Janus who will lock them firmly in the past.”

Take the white candle and project all your hopes into it. You can do this by holding it and saying:

“Creature of wax, you are to be my beacon of hope for a bright future. By being a sacrifice to the god Janus he shall open the doors so my hopes shall manifest into that future.”

Invoke Janus:

“Come, be present, Father Janus, the Opener. Arise, Planter of the Stars. All things, truly, I entrust to Patulcium the Opener. Now you are Janus the Gatekeeper, now Cerus the Good Creator, now Janus the God of Good Beginnings. Come, now most especially, God of Gods, You who are the better of these kings.

Janus, though I propitiate other gods, I do offer wine and bread to You first, so that I may obtain access through You, Janus, to any of the other gods I may call upon.”

Offer incense.

“In you, dearest Father, in your hands do I place my safekeeping. Janus, in offering to you this incense I pray good prayers that you may favor me.”

Offer wine and bread.

“Father Janus, be strengthened by this bread, be warmed by this portion of my wine.

Janus, come! Father Matutinus, or else Janus, if you so prefer to hear, regarded by men as the beginning of works and life’s labours, so does it please the gods, may you begin my prayer. Lock the past in the past, transform and remove any barriers to success and open the door on a bright and happy future.”

Vibrate Janus x3.

Go to the West and face the black candle.

Invoke the Daemon of Janus (note it's pater iane, not Lane):

“Time bends to your will, Hus ades, Pater Iane.
Giving you sight to see that was and what will be, Hus ades, Pater Iane.
You open the doors of the universe, Hus ades, Pater Iane.
Janus, you who sees, Hus ades, Pater Iane.
You look back from certainty, Hus ades, Pater Iane.
All that is fixed in time as if in stone, Hus ades, Pater Iane.
And learn the lessons, Hus ades, Pater Iane.
Janus, you who sees, Hus ades, Pater Iane.”

Circle to the West, spike your thumb and smear the blood on the black candle.
 
“With blood the sacrifice shall take my weaknesses, iniquities, and redundant behaviour patterns to an inaccessible region and shall be set free in the wilderness. With blood Janus shall carry away the past into the wilderness and lock it behind us. Thus the sacrifice is made.”

Light candle.

Circle to the East and face the altar.

“You look forward to Possibility, Hus ades, Pater Iane.
All that is not yet done, fluid and full, Hus ades, Pater Iane.
You sing a note full of promise and portent, Hus ades, Pater Iane.
Two-headed Janus, source of the silently gliding year, Hus ades, Pater Iane.
The only god who can see behind him, Hus ades, Pater Iane.
Create for me ***, Hus ades, Pater Iane.
Closer to my hopes with no room for fears, Hus ades, Pater Iane.
Start a bright future with the Head of the Dragon, Hus ades, Pater Iane.
So that I can easily proceed to experience it, Hus ades, Pater Iane.”

***State your exact intention in regards to what you want for the future.

Light white candle.

“I light this candle as a scarfice to the bright future that Janus will bring.”

Circumambulate to the West and purify and consecreate yourself.
Sprinkle holy water on yourself in the shape of the symbol of Cauda Draconis, saying:

“In the name of Janus and the Tail of the Dragon, I purify myself from my past.”

Using incense, sufumigate yourself in the shape of the symbol of Caput Draconis, saying:

“In the name of Janus and the Head of the Dragon, I consecrate myself for the bright future ahead.”

While in the middle of the circle and facing East, visualize a door in front of you and say:

“Before me is the door to my bright future. Once I enter, Janus will take me away from my past and unlock that which stands as a barrier to my life and development. He will allow me to enter a world of prosperity free from mad disputes and stress, Hus ades, Pater Iane.”

Imagine the door opening, step through it and walk to the altar. Turns to face the door you left behind and say (while tracing the symbol of Cauda over it when *** shows up in the following text):

“In the name of Janus I close the door to the past. That which has been is no longer my life but has past. ***I seal the doors to the past with the Tail of the Dragon so what was shall not be any longer.”

Turn to face East. Trace the symbol of Caput Draconis on yourself and the altar when *** shows up in the following text:

“Come forth, very glorious god, Hus ades, Pater Iane, and bring me my bright future.”

Visualise the image of Janus and it becoming stronger, then say:
 
“Janus Patultius, the Opener, open my life to change and possibility.
Janus Ianeus, the Gatekeeper, protect me from harm and stress
Janus Duonus Cerus, the Good Creator, bring abundance into my life.
Janus Rex, the most powerful and best of kings give my life successful direction.
Janus Diuum Patrem, father of the gods, be the father of my life.
Janus Diuum Deus, god of the gods, give me the power to bring order from chaos.
Janus Patultius, the Opener, open my life to change and possibility.
***I invoke the Dragon’s Head to bring a bright future.
All that has gone before has left no trace. 
There is only a new beginning.
So mote it be!”

At this point you can meditate on the entire thing or close the rite altogether.

Perform usual ritual closing.

I imagine good ol' Mr. Farrell would shed a tear of joy and gobble down some wine his spouse has earnestly laid out for him when sensing you performing his rite, even in this version, tee hee. Who knows, maybe he'll even sprinkle some magix onto you from afar?!

(If it were I, I would've gobbled down the whole wine and direct my house servent spirits to covet the blessing upon you without any interference from any spouse, but hats just me.)


No comments:

Post a Comment