Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Chiron in aspect

 

One of my readers who bought the Chiron book asked me about pleasant aspects involving asteroid Chiron. This is because the book covers general predispositions for the asteroid's location by sign and house, as well as hard aspects it might be involved in - conjunction, square, opposition. I left out the pleasant aspects - trine and sextile - because that meant adding a boring list of details that, in my opinion, are of little importance in a natal chart. 

I am confident that many modern, new-agey astrologers would contradict me, offering many arguments containing vast amounts of spiritual gifts such Chiron aspects might predispose to. But that was not the point of the book. However, since one of my readers asked me directly, I will present three examples of Chiron aspects to one's natal Sun, two of them being of a hard nature, while the third one being pleasant. I think people will get an idea on how Chiron's energies manifest in aspects based on the nature of those aspects.

I have Sun-Chiron conjunction in a tight orb. My Gemini Sun is peregrine, meaning it has no dignity. From a psychological perspective this manifested through my ego being weak and me having a harder time expressing my personality. Chiron made things worse by making me be ashamed of expressing myself and I often resorted to refrain myself from speaking my mind. Whenever I found enough courage to speak my mind it felt good, but shortly afterwards I became ashamed for doing so. 

The macrocosmic effects of my natal Chiron manifested in the fact that my father was constantly absent from my life. Before I started school he was constantly away from home because he was in the military and they had him go to various places for various amounts of time. When I was about six and a half, my father became the target of a political assassination and he barely escaped with his life - transiting Uranus opposite his natal Uranus, for those who don't believe in the outer planets. He had to leave the country and for the following eight or so years I barely spoke to him. He could only come home on rare occasions and for short amounts of time. When he was away I barely got to talk to him on the phone due to poor lines (twas the 1990's) and the fact that my phone was tapped into. 

This resulted in me growing up without having benefited from the help and support any father would give to his son, which in turn resulted in me lacking confidence in myself even more, along with many other things. I was constantly seeking male role models and every single time I thought I came across such a figure, I ended up being severely disappointed by that person. My father returned home for good right before I started high school, but by that time I had grown to have no sense of family and I spent most of my time drinking and doing all sorts of mischief with various people. So I barely spent time with my folks and when it came to my father, I felt estranged from him. As the years went by that gap between us widened even more, especially because I held him accountable for many of my failures in life and him blaming me for being irresponsible.

Anyway, fast forward after I started working on myself based on the methods I present in The Magick of Astrorelationships and things suddenly started to improve. My father and I did not have any big talk in order to sort things out between us, but instead things seemed to fall into place all by themselves. Every time we got together the bond between us felt stronger and I gradually told him I was sorry for being a dick towards him more than once in the past, as I had realized I was the only one responsible for my failures. On his end, my father understood that I was not irresponsible, but that I was rebelling because of the unfortunate events I was constantly experiencing. 

In short, we're good now and that's all that counts. As for my personality, it's a lot to say, but it's far from how it used to be. I did not go into any details on this subject in the book because I felt I had to write a lot more on it in order to offer the reader with a more clear picture, yet there was little time to do so because we rushed into publishing it before the retrograde. But now I've wrote about it and anyone can come across it.

I know a girl who's got Sun-Chiron opposition in a tight orb. Her father was close to her and loved her a lot, unlike his other two daughters. He used to be violent towards his wife and children, except for when it came to the girl in question. She even stopped him from beating his wife and other girls more than once when she was still very young. It was like she was his weakness, as he seemed to be under her control. Unfortunately, he did right before she turned 12 and that left a great impact on her and her personality. She became more boyish and the negative traits of her Sun sign started manifesting even more. Not only that, but she felt a great need for protection so she ended up in relationships in which she was physically abused only because she felt those guys were able to offer her the protection she needs.

Another girl I know of has Sun-Chiron trine almost in exact aspect. She doesn't show her personality that much, being more introvert and shy in public. Some people notice that, but it does not affect her that much, as she has more than a few people to hang out with. Her father is not the father figure one would look up to though, being of a soft nature. However, that plays to her advantage because she's daddy's girl and the man is willing to overlook anything she does in order to make her happy. He also does his best to make her life great, often going out of his way to do that.

I wrote more than I initially intended to, but I hope it helps people understand how pleasant Chiron aspects would manifest comparing to hard ones. 

Hate on, dum-dums!

The Great Gazoo

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment