Someone asked this question in relation to the Norway vs England World Cup quarter final match. I posted the following answer during a short break in my activities. This implies the chart analysis was not that thorough, as I only took a quick look at the conditions of the two teams and a few other matters.
The end result was England winning in additional extra time after coming from behind. I haven't watched the game so I wouldn't know how events played out. At first glance I think it was a tough struggle for both sides. What I find interesting is only one yellow card was awarded, meaning the players focused their aggression towards getting the ball towards the other goal instead of towards their opponents.
Someone gave me this reply the day after the game, confirming my interpretation.
Now, I'm well aware I've missed some details, such as the game ending in a draw after regular time. It is something that at least one other person has mentioned. But that other person also said they would go to penalty shootout, which didn't happen.
I've had quite a number of good calls over the past few months concerning different scenarios, this one being one of the most notable. I'm still getting a hold of all the tidbits of horary, but I feel more confident in interpreting horary charts.
And I want to thank this person for having made my day!






No comments:
Post a Comment