Sunday, June 18, 2023

Case study: house cusps


I wrote "Making a house call: Analyzing house systems" Asteria 2 to raise a flag in regards to the relativity of house systems. I'm that article I've pointed out a few details of a couple of people's lives to prove a point. This article contains a more detailed example.

It is about a woman who went above and beyond to have children but failed. All those attempts left her scared both physically and psychologically and she appears to suffer at the very mention of the subject of children. A first glimpse at her chart would probably indicate the ruler of her fifth house (based on more than a few houses systems), Mars, as being the cause. Its placement on the person's Ascendant would clearly explain a pregnancy gone wrong that was nearly fatal to the woman. But there's more to it.

Her natal Chiron is square her Sun, which by default raises flags in regards to irrational shame and suffering. Moreover, her Chiron appears to be in her fourth house based on quite a few house systems, but also in her fifth based on a few others. What I mean is the woman is Sagittarius rising and her Imum Coeli is in Aries, which would have the fourth house cusp in Aries based on some systems, her Chiron being placed beyond the IC in a clockwise direction and thus theoretically I'm her fourth house.

Based on the 3°-5° convention I've mentioned in Asteria 2 and which we've discussed in Asteria as well, her natal Chiron would also affect her fifth house based on some systems. The calculation method behind those systems generates a fifth house tat also have its cusp in Aries, but Chiron being in the fourth according to them would also affect the fifth do to its placement with 3°-5° of the fifth's cusp.

So which is it?

The woman doesn't suffer due to family issues or things having to do with the home, parents or ancestors. Any suffering in those areas of life would derive from her inability to have children and thus enrich the family she has with her husband and by extension continue the line of her family of origin. It thus appear that her Chiron is affecting her fifth house much more than her fourth. Thus, her life experiences would render some house systems useless, but at the same time it does not enforce the validity of others over the former. I'm sure astrologers that lean to either older and newer astrological interpretation methods would find causes for her suffering, but from my quick interpretation of her chart and the feedback I've got from her was a clear sign for me I wasn't talking out my backside when addressing the house systems issue (as I've got to come across it).

I've said many times I'm no astrologer, but I've come across such issues more than once in both my case and others'. This relativity of house systems can have a great impact on magical operations conducted according to very specific elections, especially those involving houses. Otherwise, there would be more than a few testimonies of people who became wealthy after making, say, this talisman...


No comments:

Post a Comment