Saturday, April 15, 2023

Why Shaman?

Señor Villavicencio resents me referring to him as "Señor Shaman" in public. He has his own reasons for this and I find them legit. I agree with him wholeheartedly and I respect his stance on the matter. However...

...I, being me, will continue to refer to him as such! The reason for this is much too complex to cover and I'm not in the mood for that right now, especially since tomorrow is Easter in my neck of the woods. 

But I want to say that I refer to him as Señor more as a title than as a polite from of addressing him. I mean it's not as if I consider him nobility, nor would I ever think of considering him a god, but as a means of establishing my view about him, a view that elevates him above many of the people involved in the occult in one form or another.

On the other hand, I call him Shaman because, although I'm very familiar with the cultural connotations of the term, he knows tons more about such practices than 99.9% of occultists I've ever come across online. Keep in mind I've been in direct contact with people who have trained under genuine Siberian shamans, or at least consider it if you haven't come across this bit of information in some of my past articles. So I kinda know wtf I'm talking about in regards to shamanism.

Furthermore, there's plenty of wannabes out there who make all sorts of big claims in which they insert shamans and shamanism as a means to increase their credibility, when in fact they know next to nothing of such practices. There are, for instance, people who associate magical systems established in the middle ages and renaissance with primitive shamanic practices, despite the fact the two are based on different cosmologies altogether. While this would fool someone who is yet aware of a broader occult spectrum, it comes across as an insult to people who actually know shit. No surprise one such character received the same treatment he subjected people in regards to western grimoires to, from people who are into ATRs a few years back.

In Asteria we made a slight detour and inoculated shamanism in a certain place as a means to raise people's awarenesses in regards to the likes of the above-mentioned character. We did so fully knowing we might draw criticism, but at the same time we were well aware wtf we were talking about. Moreover, it was I who pushed that bit into making the final draft as a sign of respect for Señor since, besides his extensive studies into various Western practices, had also been studying under someone people would usually consider a shaman (be them an equivalent to). 

There is more to this but again, I'm not in the mood.

As such, henceforth if anyone, from any part of the world, has a problem with me calling Señor Shaman that way, they can take it with me.

Easter Bunny, away!

No comments:

Post a Comment